What Every IT Professional Should Know About Manufacturing and Production System Plant Floor Networks
Convergence between the manufacturing and IT environment challenges manufacturing leaders worldwide.
- Are you required to support convergence of plant floor and enterprise networks?
- Have you experienced network disruption when a production machine is connected to your network?
- Have you been disappointed by industrial networks that claim to be standard Ethernet?
- Do you find it’s really hard to work with counterparts in manufacturing?
Join us for a live audio webcast to find out what every IT professional should know about manufacturing and production system plant floor networks.
This webcast is part of a series provided by Cisco and Rockwell Automation for IT and controls professionals of manufacturing and other related industrial automation companies.
Understand the Difference
Plant floor environments are very different from the IT world. Integrating them into your enterprise network offers many potential benefits, but also poses many serious challenges for IT professionals. This 60 minute webinar will reveal the key requirements that you must know to successfully converge the two. It provides a “crash course” in plant floor networking technology, including:
- Automation and control applications and devices
- Cell/Area network design for structure and hierarchy
- Network segmentation and defense-in-depth for security
- Engineer remote access with secure connectivity
- Production information
Learn From Industry Experts
Speakers Gregory Wilcox, networks business development manager, Rockwell Automation and Scott Friberg, industry solutions architect, manufacturing, Cisco, will share their experiences with Manufacturing Convergence, best practices from leading companies who are reaping the benefits of a converged network, and teach you how to get started!